Thursday, May 26, 2011

You Capture - Pretty

Yay! It's another week of You Capture. Have I mentioned before how much I really enjoy participating in this? Well, I do. This week's challenge by Beth is "pretty." Pretty is so subjective and so vague that I could literally shoot just about anything and call it pretty.

What's prettier than a rose?

Maybe hydrangeas?
 Nature certainly is plentiful when it comes to "pretty." But I found some pretty little things lurking about my house too. Like these eyelashes. On a little boy.

My youngest baby
I'm also having issues lately (who am I kidding....forever) with confidence. I know that my husband thinks I'm pretty and I'm sure there's others out there that might think so too. I have such a hard time though accepting compliments, even from myself. It used to be that the only part of myself that I liked and wouldn't change a thing about was my eyes and nose.

Every time I walk into my bedroom or the bathroom, I'm looking at myself in the mirror, scrutinizing, nitpicking, wishing away or wishing for. I know it's a bad habit and I hate it, but I'm having a hard time finding myself pretty. And I hate that because I'm supposed to be a role model for my children. I've found Drake running into my bedroom just so he can stand in front of the mirror, lift up his shirt, and look at his tummy. As cute as it is to see a toddler inspect his tummy, I'm just glad that he doesn't understand why I do it. I hope to kick the habit long before he understands. So here's to being pretty...


  Linking up to http://www.ishouldbefoldinglaundry.com/

8 comments :

  1. Long lashes on a child are sooooo breath taking! And I love the purple flowers, they are my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long lashes on a boy will guarantee pretty no matter what! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sucker for flowers! I love the hydrangeas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think finding yourself pretty is one of the hardest things to do, but such an awesome goal. Your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pic of your eyes and nose is so cool! You are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...